Saturday, March 25, 2006

Finally a day of total rest! But I will start with last night! As you can see from other posts I was drinking! I spoke to Mother/Father and Smurf! I crashed out at about 2am and woke this morning with a mild headache at 10:30am . . . By the time I had a shower, eaten my scrambled eggs, drunk a silly amount of fresh OJ and got my crap together it was 3pm! I did think about going for a night boarding session but instead thought I would continue relaxing for the day!

I bust my goggles last time I was up at Meadows . . . my light lens (standard orange persimmon) has a crack and fogs in between the lenses. I decided to go to the US out door centre to see what was in their sales . . . I think you all know where this is going . . . I wanted to jump on the train but it was throwing down with spring rain, so the SUV was going to get to turn its wheels!

I arrived at the shop to find it had a huge sale on . . . . They were out of stock of the Hi-yellow lens I wanted (that's the one you have smurf, incase you were wondering!) But I had a back up plan to go for the Persimmon again, a good cheap all round lens. But as I said they had a sale, this lens is usually 40 pouunds, I got the frame, lens and Oakley bag all for $50, reduced from $90 . . . Thats right, 35 pounds . . . are you all sure you don't want me to bring anything over? You can get the xbox 360 easily out here . . .

I ventured around the store, I needed new socks, the ones I have date back to Andorra . . .the first time out there with Dave!

I found some nice looking socks, on sale for $10 and decided to head down the stairs to the snowboarding section . . . this is where it goes wrong . . .

The sale extended to the boards . . . 40& off RRP . . . there were 159 zeps, Ride Timeless even a battery of Burtons . . .Then I realised, in the corner . . there was a gold bag . . . would it smell of Chocolate? COuld there be a Ride Theory with "Charlie and the Chocolate factory" graphics and your own golden ticket . . . . As I got closer I could smell it! But hold on . . what size is it, I need the 159 . . The closer I got the bigger my grin got! I looked at the tag, $500 . . . :O . . . a short bit of thinking later I worked out it is now going to be $300 . . . that, to you guys is about 170 quid . . .what would you do . . . the board you want, last one in your town, 170 sheets . . . .

I'm not telling you what I did. I think you need some suspense in your lives! On the one hand I have been banging on about retiring the Parka all year and on the flip side I am only going to ride the Kink this summer and I am pretty skint . . . .

I had to grab a coffee to think about it . . .

Anywot. I am going up to hood tomorrow, it has been dumping all day at meadows, another reason why I did not go up tonight, I plan an early start to make fresh tracks in Heather Canyon, you remember that Tons-O? Mmmmm, pow and treeeesssss :)

On other topics:

Dave, the SC101 is cool there are issues with it. It uses a different file system, so anydrives you stick in it need to be formatted by the thingy itself. Over here it is $120 give or take from the shops, that is 70 punds, so you could save 20 quid. Oh, and update your blog man!!!

I solved my network problems, I bought a linksys router, I am returning the netgear. Apparently according to the webmongs on the interspaz the Netgear suffers 2 problems:

1. It crashes if you overload its cache
2. If you have heavy traffic on you network it tends to overheat and look up, not fully resetting . . .

I hope I can get a full refund from the store . . . .

Right, I am off to try my new socks on!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't want to update my blog. I only joined the thing to write silly comments next to yours.

Be good to see you this week.

Need that beer dag namit.

3:58 am  
Blogger gsmblue said...

lol! You comming out for a bevvy on sat night? We can sort it out then!

7:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BRING ME A COPY OF FIRST DESCENT - PLEASE I BEG YOU

PLEASE.

OH GO ON.

PLEASE.

ILL BUY YOU A BEER.

1:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn right. Beers are a plenty.

7:38 am  
Blogger gsmblue said...

OK, I will have a full on scout after work! I won't rest until I find a copy, or I get tired and need to sleep!

8:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You dont need to look too far amazon.com

there you go ive done the hard work already.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E0WJKK/qid=1143536961/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-4107383-0972746?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130

also - come on the yids :-)

1:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I miss something? Did you buy it? If you did, we want a picture!

I've checked it on another website and it looks pretty cool but I want a full-on snap of those graphics.

Really hoping to catch you this weekend - I've even booked holiday next week to make sure I don't miss you.

4:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home