Wednesday, March 15, 2006

So this post is nothing but good news! I love it when they are like that. I had a really tough day today but the highlights are so distinct! I spoke to Smurf twice :) May call her again in a bit! I got my skype phone sorted, it works sooooo well! it is a Linksys CIT200 . Now, you have to understand before I carry on, it was about 8:30PM for me when I started to test how well this cordless wonder worked . . I think all I need to say is I spent 40 mins on the phone to my Mother as the birds were waking at the crack of dawn . . . The phone is amazing, it cost about 1.6p a min for call a land line and as it is cordless I can wonder all around the apartment and talk freely. It copies my skype contacts into its phone book and they are free to talk to, it has a speaker phone. . . in its the future! $116 . . . money well spent!

The phone was not my only technology investment . . . I also picked up a Netgear SC101. For you that a techno enabled, this is a NAS HDD cady. It means I can load it up with my 200GB and 300Gb(being bought tomorrow . . .from Frys for $140 . . . not bad, not bad at all . . .) HDD and plug it into my Netgear WGT624 to act as my primary file server. When I get my PC over here I can add that to the nest of computer goodies in the spare room closet and have a real little server room!

Only problem with the SC101 is it formats drives in a funny way, so you have to port across all your stuff and not just stick any HDD in the caddy . . .. A smaill price to pay . .


I think the key here is to show Smurf where all the films live when she comes over the easy way to use it all! Or I may just set things in motion and show her how to pause stuff ;) !!! I will get yellow car'd for that!

I am finally polishing off that Rioja, had a great chat with mum about life and stuff, I was over tired and a bit hyper, but the red vino has calmed me down . . . I have been up since 4:30 . . .

I will be back in the UK for a week at the star of April, just as a load of my friends head out to the US for their snowboarding holidays! California is just fab at the mo, I was there today and they have had buckets of snow and some more to come!!! You lucky devils! As for the rest of you, let me know if you are about on the last 1st or 2nd sat in April, we MUST play drink the beer and watch Spurs-Man City! Tons-O you fancy a trip to the lane? I "may" be able to convince Smurf to to the Lane, not just a pub . . .

And it is here I sign off and crash out. . . . I guess I will notpost the pictures from the weekend until Sunday, This week is a social wash out . . . Even with it being Paddy's day on Friday I will be at home with a bottle of Cab-Sav . . .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that netgear sc101 is £89 over here. I was going to ask you to bring one bck but there is little point

11:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home