Friday, February 24, 2006

I'll make this a pre-dinner post! Was nice to see the comment from GI Jane! I will be back up meadows tomorrow trying to bust bigger airs with my matching ensemble!

Looks like I prob will not make Tahoe at the end of March, it is getting busy here as we are deep in our Q4 . . . But I will email you separately about that! If I can get away to meet yo and Mike for the weekend (if the sofa is still on offer . . .) I hope to still be able to do that.

My personal mobile is no longer going to be in use, although it will take Vodafone at least 30 more days to cancel my contract, arseholes. . . . I cannot even check for texts or voicemails from here so it is totally dead! I may post it over to Smurf so she can check it for me!

There are 2 things that really stand out here in Oregon:

  1. No sales tax
  2. You cannot fuel your own car!

The sales tax thing is ace, it means everything is better value then else where in the country. On top of that, if you show your Oregon ID in other states you can shop there without paying sales tax!

The fuelling car thing is odd, you pull up to the pump, press the button to open the window, give the person your credit card then wait! Its cool, I will get use to that really quickly!

I found the messenger bag I was after. It is the Dakine one I wanted. I got the sand colour, not the militant green! It is a heavy weight canvas that my laptop fits in nicely. It has all the organiser pockets I wanted too. I prob will not use it for work much, too good for work! It makes a nice change as I have used backpacks for the last million years!

I had no luck finding the over night bag I wanted. I found one in a store but it was the brown camo one with the expandable front, I want the black non-expandable one! What do you guys think? They are pretty much the same price and I can find the brown camo one . . .

I was also looking for first descent for Tons-O-Fun but the store I was looking in are too alternative. You see, first descent was more of a holywood presentation instead of your typical independent snowboarding movie, can I find a HMV or Tower records around here . . pah! Where do Americans buy music from and DVDs? No wonder they have piracy issues over here, I am trying to spend the money but can’t!!!

Talking of spending money, I bought 2 DC tees, one in my currently fashionable brown colour and the other in a more classic white with black letters. I also bought a CK belt for my suit that cost the same as the 2 tees . . . go figure . . .

* * * *NEWS FLASH* * * *

JUST SEEN MY FIRST NyQuil ADVERT! IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND DO NOT WORRY, MOVE ON, NOTHING TO SEE HERE . . . WE LOVE YOU, YOU GIANT F***ING “Q” !!!

* * * *NEWS FLASH* * * *

Back in the real world ;) A message to Smurf;:there is a film coming out called “Running Scared”. Why am I telling you this? That actor you like, Paul Walker is in it. Not as good as “Eight Below” as that is Paul Walker and Huskies, but I figured you would like to know! See, I look after you J

Hmm, dinner may be postponed, I am off the beer now and on to the Vino J $5.99 from Fred Meyer . . . . Now that is what I call class!

* * * 50 minutes later * * *

Well the wine is ok, the meal was far better. I stopped posting piccies of food and stuff as it felt pretentious, however, once the old dear got word of the BBQ ribs, that was it . . . a lecture on food . . . So mother, this piccie is for you!

The low down is, king shrimp, 3/4lb . . . $10 . . . red and green bell pepper, sautéed in light olive oil and mixed ground pepper. After about 4 minutes add a medium twist of lemon and a large glass of a good (well, $6 . . that’s what £4 . . . so maybe replace good with . . “accessible”) white wine. Serve with lightly salted broc, cauli and baby carrots (full size look out of proportion . . . I will let coldbird worry about the innuendo. . .) and tuck in. As you can see once again I cooked way too much . . . tomorrow night will hopefully be a salmon steak, kinda fried/broiled in the same olive oil/ white wine, served with lemon and fresh ground pepper and the same vegetable compliment . . . happy mother! If I remember I may get some paprika.

Erm . . . that’s it until I get back from Meadows tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The giant f**king Q! Yeah baby! That made me smile!

5:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home