Thursday, February 23, 2006

Well, it has been a long time since my last update! Monday was Presidents day here, I had grand plans of going up to Meadows and playing in the park. Unfortunately 2.5 hours of phone calls for work in the morning meant by 10:30 I was toast!

I had a very short conversation with Smurf and then passed out! I was meant to do so much on Monday but I only managed to buy OJ and some BBQ ribs!!! The rest of the week panned out in an interesting way. I now know the way to San Jose!

I spent a couple of days in the Bay area, it is really nice. The weather was good and I had some really good tours of a couple of facilities (must remember to write some visit reports . . .)

I eventually got back late Wednesday night. That meant today involved a new set of experiences, getting my hair cut was one! There is a chain called supercuts, it is cheap, $12 for a cut and wash, nice.

Now for some funny news . . . remember about a week ago I sat on my gps and broke it . . . well I replaced it for the princely sum of $150 . . . . today I sat on it again . . . luckily this one was modular so I only ruined the CF adapter card, $49 later and a lot of swearing I have the replacement part sat next to me . . . .

Shopping is still on my agenda. I need to find an overnight bag suitable for stopovers and a decent (funky) laptop bag. I have failed on the first front, maybe another trip to samsonite or check out the snowboard stores again. But with the later I have a good interim measure. I found in fry’s a range of neoprene sleeves, this means I can stuff my laptop in any bag and it will have the level of protect that a dedicated bag would offer. This means I can just look for a nice bag and I know the laptop will fit in it safely. I want a courier/record style bag . . . Any suggestions guys? If anyone says the Galleria I will shoot you . . .

In fact I have found Dakine do a good line in messenger bags (for the office) and they do a really nice wheely bag for overnights.

Maybe after I have bought a bed!

It is that time of the week, I have turned my attention to the mountain, it is looking good for Saturday! I would dearly love at some time to get 2 consecutive days up the hill, when is that next long weekend??? Maybe I will head up for a friday night session :) . . .

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried the Galleria?

11:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've only been in the country a month and you already want to shot anything and everything.

next you'll be telling us that its for the good of humanity....

anyhow, i hear the galleria has a nice line of bags ;-)

1:29 am  
Blogger gsmblue said...

Bastards. The lot of you!!! I am going boarding in powder tomorrow, so ner!

9:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home