Thursday, February 16, 2006

Hmmm, where to start with todays mad adventures!!! I guess the best place to start is to explain the pictures! These are the extras of Eric that I promised coldbird! Now go update your blog!!!!

Now then, New York. There was a lot of snow there, 27" fell on Sunday . . . Most of that was still around today. Today was always going to be manic, so many work issues to sort out before catching a flight in the afternoon to Madison Wisconsin. Got in to work an we had all seen the weather report. Snow. And lots of it!

There was a huge risk that Madison airport would be closed, after calling the customer it was agreed to cancel the meeting and hence cancel the flight, we all needed an extra day at the office. Efforts were made to book a flight back to Portland for Friday/Saturday . . . No flights out of NY to anywhere unftil Sunday morning . . crap . . we better risk that flight to Madison! At 11 am this sudden u-turn was in full effect! The customer meeting was back on, I was frantically filling out HR forms, my new work computer was almost ready! The one that was meant to be ready yesterday had a duff mother board and the rep did not make it out to check it out. A lap top without any network connection was not going to hep me in Portland!

This new laptop was workign ok, then suddenly it stopped seeing its network card . . . another one duff!

This week has been a nightmare, flight out cancelled, people at office off sick, IT issues customer visit cancelled then back on etc . . . Today was the worst . . . Put my trousers on and the zip was broken (on the old suit!) so I was late this morning as I changed into jeans, all the stuff at work then when I got to this hotel my shampoo bottle had leaked in my suitcase. Luckily I have all that stuff in a seperate bag in a seperate compartment of my bag!

Looking at the amount of travelling I will be doing for the next couple of months I am really please I got a samsonite case, it has taken a beating so far but looks like it is going to wear well! In the US there is checked baggage wheight limit of 50lbs per bag, this restricts the size of the bag you can have, as such this wheely one is just the right size, any larger and I would always be overloading!

Anyhow, I am now in Madison. What can I say, lots of snow here, the plane that brought us in was possibly the smallest jet I have ever been on, only 3 seats wide and about 20 rows!

I was looking at trying to play in the snow, but it is so flat here, it is like Lincoln!

Where does that leave everything? I am in cold and snow Madison, flying back to Portland tomorrow night, check back into ly long stay hotel and Saturday I am buying some new Cartel bindings.

Burton finally came back to me and I have to send proof of purchase with my claim, that proof of purchase is in the UK . . . As such I have to buy another set of bindings if I want to board this weekend. And I want to board! There has been some light snow up Hood and I want to ride :)

I have alot of stuff to do this weekend and originally I was planning to do some boarding around the other stuff, but now I have decided that I will do the other stuff around the boardign :)

Well I am tired now, this is my 3rd time zone in as many days, so I bid you all farewell!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a grogeous hunk of a man!

More pics like this please DM.

2:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home