Sunday, February 12, 2006

Hello Campers!

Well, the last day or so have been might strange! Yesterday I spent much of the day trying to pack for this comming week and as such that meant a shopping trip. I have been needing new work clothes for over 6 months, but I have been holding out untill I got here to do it. As such I managed to get a CK suit, 2 pairs of shoes, 5 shirts (all fitted, 2 with french cuffs). I finally got a deccent hold all too, a split roller. I resisted getting the Burton one and went for a more profesional Samsonite one. Shoes and dirty washing live in the bottom section and the rest in the top. It is a good size an handle a weeks worth of work stuff easy.

I managed to pack all my stuff up and take it round to my colleagues house to store for week. This is where things cam unstuck . . . I sat on my GPS . . .So if anyone needs a 256Mb CF type 1/2 card then let me know as it is all it does now !!

I finally got to bed at 1am with my alarm set for 5:30 . . . . I got up, got into the SUV and trundled (without GPS . . .) to Portland airport, took my car back to the rental place checked in, got a coffee and sat at the gate hoping my flight would be ok.

Now I may have to explain but the East coast has been have a few weather issues at the mo Just as they calle dmy flight it was announced my connection had been cancelled. . . . I called my bag off the plane, called my boss explained what happened, went back to the rental place (got a red Escape this time, the silver one I had was higher spec . . :( ) drove back to the hotel and explained that although I had officially checked out I would need the room for one more night . . .

Back to room, sit down, fire up lap top look for Spurs score. Bugger . . . Well at least we have a new kit supplier for next season . . . I mean, its not like I just bought a spurs shirt less then 2 months ago . . . I reckon it was pressure from the tubby group about the kappa skin tight Italian fit. Looks great on athletic footballers, not so on the average spurs fan. Can't find the kinda image I was looking for, but the guys understand ;0

Anyhow. a few Googles later I find that Frys have a special on a GPS card, so a drive to frys and an unplanned $150 later I have a new compact flash GPS card. The cf card is important as it maked the device portable for walking. This one had a larger antena that is detachable and you can stick it on the windscreen, look slike it will give a better signal in bad conditions.

On a side note, I went la-z-boy yesterday and they had the sofa suite I like and some recliners I like. I am going to see how money goes, but I will prob get 2 recliners, one in blue and one in terracota (they did not have pink . . boooo) and have them in a snake skin fake leather print, then go for a white sofa :)

Come on mum, you knooooowww it will look good, especially with all the furniture you and Dad have got for me (again, a hundred times, thank you!).

Ermmmmm . . . I am out. . . brain fry has set in . . . so I will sit back, watch black books and have a soda . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home