Friday, February 10, 2006

Good evening family, friends and especially all Skoda owners. . . . Only kidding, I ment Smurf ;) We are but days away from the most commercial day of the year, where countless people will spend not just money but time on their loved one. And shortly after Niki's birthday we have Valentines day ;)

I will make my excuses now Niki, I know it is your 28th and that is a special birthday for a lady, but I don't think I can make it over, but should you want to spend a weekend in an unfurnished flat in a rainy town then get your cold bum and hussy-band over!

On another note it looks like I am not going boarding tomorrow, there is just too many things I need to sort out before my (very) early flight on Sunday morning :( On the plus side it means I can get my bindings sent back to Burton, becuase they have very thoughtfully not replied to my email, despite the propoganda, sorry marketing, I am still left without a safely usable product . . . I did toy with the idea that I could buy an interim binding as I wanted another set for my other board, but right now I have more important things to spend that $220 on. Yes, thats how much the Cartels are now, if you can find 'em anywhere!

Time for a quick "shout out" to the boys that were living it up in Chelmsford tonight, that would be boardsheep, lil-wanker and . .errr . . . Brad. Brad is leaving hi current job to seek a more fulfilling lifestyle at the circus. If 12 years of gymnastics has not prepared him for it then the last 6 months of jumping through hoops at work has! *Boom-Cha*

Thank you I will be here all week! Now you are thankfull for the time difference ;)

There is a midget wrestling a poddle-rocking on the TV . . . . No sorry, it is two midgets *little people* wrestling on member of Van Halen and afat guy in bad shoes . .

Which reminds me . . . After all my big talk of brown suits and baby blue/pink pinstirpes I manage to convince my work colleagues to come to the mall . . . *sorry midget wrestling has just got ridiculous . . a phrase I could never have imagined I would type . . . ah crap, an old guy with a crap irish accent . . .* I digress. . . . I needed the opinion of others on the suits I was looking. One was discounted on price, another was too light in colour, another was a bad cut, then we were down to two . ..

I I put on my 40S jacket that was a dark brown with a thin close set (1/2inch) baby blue stripe. It was head nodding all round, that was the one defo. Then I put on the the lighter brown suit with a ligh pink strip (1 inch apart) and Ana came out with a classic phrase, not these exact words but, " The blue stripes are closer together, that makes the suite more slimming and makes you look taller".
I think Ana may have clocked on that I am short and tubby :) hmmm, maybe I should now post a picture of me, to show casual browers of blogs who I am. . . .I know one that would make you all proud! One of me half cut, with blonde highlights and . .. well . . .accesories ;)

As I said it was between those two suits and one was cruely snatched from my grasp due to some truthful comments (tis ok, I cracked up laughing at the time as well as now!) It was time to price up the the baby blue (blue is bling don't you know), it was a lot, even with a coupon . . .

Niki . . you would love it here, they have discount coupons for everything. In fact, if you forget to bring your coupon in they have spares at the till . . .. Then suddenly the shop keeper appeared. Brian then pulled out a suit that wase boarder line brown/charcoal/black . . too many colours for one man to know, I now doubt his hetrosexuality .

. . It fitted really well (The suit, you dirty monkies . . . honestly . . . what are you lot like) and was a better cut then all the others I tried, it was also on a "15hour special, plus coupon discount of 10%". In English I picked up a CK suit for under £170, including them taking the trousers up. They were a 30" inside leg, but they have to take them up 2" lol !!! I was wearing them on (or is that off?) the hip and had to get a 35" waist to avoid sporting the Simon "belt at my nipples" Cowell look, that was a mouthfull. . .

ermm . . . anyway . . . Can I find a slim fit double cuff shirt over here? No. As my mother well knows I hate the swathes of material that accompany double cuff shirts but I like cuff links. . .. I went in to J-crew (I heard you go "Aaayyyyyeee" there Andy). Their slim fit shirts are really nice, cept they do not have proper double cuffs . . . . I reckon I will go for 2 of them and sod the cuffs for the time being, but what kinda shirt do you wear with a CK pinstripe? I may well wear my short sleeve, black, quicksilver one to the office next week, introduce the business casual look ;) Hell while I am at it I may as well go the whole Alan partridge look! If only I had two hoots of a clue. Hold on, here we go.

And on that bombshell I am going to quit my drivel and return to my now tepid white wine! No doubt I will speak at you all tomorrow :)

Have a nice day :) . . . .. I am amazed they don't choke on their own pearly whites . . . Dave, call mum and explain, I can see now she does not get the joke . . . .





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric says, what does a fat turk want with a 'slim' fit shirt. Seems a bit pointless. For that matter it'll point a bit seemless after half hours wear!

9:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home