Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Ok, so I spent the whole day looking at apartments again. I have had enough! I am apartment blind . . . I narrowed it down to two, the Merrick in downtown and the Harbour court (links are working this time . . .)

The place at the Merrick I liked was "under application", there was another available but without the view of downtown it lost a lot of its charm, even if the complex did have a roof garden and hot tub (communal).

The Harbour court won as it was the best apartment overall, it had air con, gas cooker, was about the largest place I looked at (1132Sqft, floor plan is not on the link though), the staff there were really on the ball (even if the guy claims to be able to nail 1080s on his snowboard, would love to see it!). The only downside is it is a 15min walk to the lightrail going under an interstate, looks a little dodgy, not too bad. Defo a taxi back job.

The one I am looking at has a good sized covered balcony that will allow for BBQs, space for a table to sit 6 people happily, although I would prefer a 4 seat round table and a couple of other chairs. Will also be able to have acouple of boxes/grobags (there you go dad, you can maintain it for me!)

The master bedroom (12.5'x15.3')has a patio door onto the balcony (how swish!) a walk in wardrobe and a spaciousl bathroom. The second bedroom(12.6'x11.3') has a window onto the balcony and a walk in wardrobe.

The entrance is through the Kitchen (which I ws not keen on) but there is a cupboard for coats. The kitchen has a half wall seperating it from the diner/lounge area. This is what make sit feel so big, mind you the diner/lounge is 13.7'x21'. That is plenty big enough for one guy and potentially his Smurf ;) . In the corner there is a gas fire and a aircon unit.

They have one apartment that is a little bigger, but the balcony is not as open or large. I don't think they have one available anyhow!

So there we go. I am going to their office tomorrow to start the application, because I have no US rent history it is a little more complex so we need to discuss how to work it in terms of deposit and garantees etc . . . the stress is just begining!

The rest of the day was a washout, lots of driving around looking at places full of kids and fat people . . .nuff said. Infact at once place I joked about bringing my shotgun, whisky and rocking chair. . . . It did not go down well . . .

I was given a local rag, Portlands equivilent to the Metro, it has all the local shops/bar listings and stuff. I doubt I will have a chance between now and the end of the month to do anything with it though, but I really appriciated being given it!

I came to the conclusion that some people are in their jobs for a reason. If I say trolly wally you get the idea. Anyhow, I will leave there as I risk going very un PC. Please now go make you jokes in the comments area, oh and mum, yes, register, it is free and safe don't panic!

Look at that, a whole post and I did not once mention the fact I am thinking of going to Mt Bachelor at the weekend, it is a 4 hour drive but they have a big event on. It is either that or meadows, all depends how I feel on sat morning. Still not got that binding sorted out! Thinking about it I will prob go to Meadows as their pipe is ment to be in good shape at the mo. Well with a 13ft base how can it not be . . . . Damn it, I mentioned snowboarding . . must . . stop. . . typing . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home