Friday, February 03, 2006

Oh God, soooo tired!

I really do not know where to begin with today. I think I will have to start at 3:30pm. The sole reason being we all know wha that means! Time to find Mount Hood Meadows. Well for some reason I got the actual location of the resort wrong, I thought it was on the East side of Mount hood, so I duely set off and drove to where I thought it was. Thankfully I pulled up for a Gatorade and had a very pleasent convesation with the attendent who then gave me a map and pointed me in the right direction, have driven for 2 hours I was still 45 mins away!

I eventually made it through the thick fog and say signs for Meadows!!! I could hardly believe it, I could see the glow of the flood lights in the distance! But I could not read the damn signs, they were at least half under snow!!! No kidding here the sides of the road were under a good 2.5M of snow . . . So unsurprisingly I missed the turning and had to go back. I eventually made it there for 7pm. a hell of a mission, would it be worth it?

The car park was half empty and there were not too man bodies about, I pulled the SUV up and got out. The view was aweseome. . .. The moon was a good 3/4 and the cloud was only patchy, you could see the lights all over the mountain, this flood lit area was emense . . . I got my boarding gear on, legged it to the main build and parted with my hard earned green. This is were you all get pissed off. $21.

$21. I will say one more time. $21. That gets you 3pm-10pm. You only pay twentyone dollars.

I spent the next 2.5 hours doing some silly stuff. I could not believe I was riding pow in the dark on my '56 kink. I keept trying ollie BS180s but making bomb holes that Tons-of-fun would be proud of.

After a few runs and some big time grins a found somehting that would make this evening even better. 4 kickers. In a row. all were about 8-10ft high and 4-10ft tables. Whippy lil fecks they were too. So there I was pulling some nice straight airs, a couple of methods (if that is the right one, or is it a melon? I don't really care, front hand inside toe edge front foot). I was in Heaven! I started to feel tired, pow on a short board with a centred stance is tiring!

I am too tired to write about exactly how good it was, suffice to say it was the best conditions I have EVER boarded in! It was 90% boarders and the rest wer freestyle skiers, so pretty cool. The bomb holes I left were about 18". I was boarding in bounds, making fresh tracks in pow . . .in the dark . . . what more can I say? I wish you lot were here to board with me as it is amazing.

They are going to get another 12" on Sat, so I will not go up, instead I will do some shopping (got some DC trainers for $49, but black leather with blue DC sign, can't find them ont he web!) for shirts/suits/tees/food/apartments. Then on SUnday get up early with my '59 parka and have some more fresh pow!

Well it is gone my bed time! I will up date again later in the weekend or on Monday!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've found Del heaven. At some point I think a snowboarding dictionary might be handy - had to think for a sec about what you were on about! Imagine listening to me describing a trials move - that's what it's like.... :-)

3:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I have to say is W******. Keep riding you might make it look good soon......


Dave ;)

3:50 am  
Blogger gsmblue said...

lol! I get confused with the terms too Marty!

I am off to Ski-bowl tomorrow, the largest flood light area around here. It is also the closest, less then 60 miles from here!

Dave, can you please send a link to tons of fun and Andy for me.

Thanks!

9:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home