Thursday, February 02, 2006

31st Jan 2006-02-01

Last day in the UK, what a nightmare! Started badly when I took the pool car for its final fill up and the fuel flap broke off in my hands, it was still only 7AM at that point! The morning did not improve until we hit the pub at lunch for a sly bevy and cheesy chips! The afternoon continued to go down hill, I was unable to resolve a few work issues on my last office day. Not to worry I was imminently to meet the Smurf at the local service to catch a lift home and go for a curry . . .

4:50, Smurf calls “You may want to check the traffic report, it is stationary here . .” sure enough the dual carriage way between the towns was closed . . . disaster . .I had to snag a ride to the town centre, cough up 7notes for a one way ticket (20 mins, 3 stops, not happy) to meet Smurf and conduct some rather tidy back country navigating. In this process I once again proved it is nigh on impossible to make a sat-nav system totally avoid a road . . . It is just not possible. Any how, what is usually a 45 min drive for me took a mammoth 3 hours!

After arriving 10 mins late for my own last supper we finally managed to get a couple of Cobras down our necks in the time less Polashi. The conversation was as good as ever with the home town boys (and there far better looking partners!) We talked of school teachers, holidays and impending births, I still think Lesbia was the best name in that book!

Once again Smurf and I were totally owned by the Korma and the naan . . . way too much for our beer line bellies! We managed to catch a ride home with the Sheppards. I was meant to start packing but all I could do was roll around on the bed moaning I ate too much!

Eventually I stuff all things snowboarding and Ipod into two cases and crashed out with my Smurf. And that is where my story in the UK takes a 5 hour break . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home