Saturday, February 04, 2006

Ok just a quick update now I am awake!

Thanks for the comments guys, I have replied, go look!

I am shattered today! It is far more tiring riding a real resort at night then just going to MK. Don't forget Mt hood is about 12,000 ft high and the resorts are about half way up . . . How's that for altitude training!

As you may know I have been having issues trying to find the Tomtom maps for the US while I have been over here, they are just not into sat-nav/gps for driving like we seem to be in the UK. anyhow I finally realesed I should log into my account on the tomtom site to see if I can down load it, and guess what . . . well . . lets just say 120 Euros later I have a few big files downloading . . .

Ok so more snow stuff (thats is Dave, keep swearing!). Since my epic drive last night I have found out that there are 3 main resorts on Mt Hood to interest me :)

The first is Mt hood meadows (where I was last night). It seems to be the highest floodlit area. Timberline lodge is the glacial resort and is the one open all year. However Ski bowl is the closest and largest floodlit area, this is where I am going tomorrow for the day on Sunday. I plan on doing a full days boarding. Their park is meant to be awsome. I will just stick to the small kickers at the mo and really try and work on good grabs and height, something I have always wanted to do but never really done. The other thing I am going to work on is my ollie 180s. I am fine with the frontside but the backside spin is giving me real probs. I nailed myself big time last night, my right shoulder is killing me at the mo, where is my smurtf when I am being needy! I'll tell you where, out partying ;) Sounds like she had a top night last night, missing you smurf! x.

Anyhow, back to the point! I have a nice day planned today looking at suits and stuff . . . I am risking the American mall on a Saturday . . . I will update you later on how it goes!

You will all be pleased to know that I am watching red dwarf on my laptop, thanks to the Sheppard! "Because the king of the potato people will not let me" Classic line from the Hex episode!

I have not had a single beer since I have been here, that will have to change tonight :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds cool. Just wanted to let you know we're not jealous and our fingers aren't crossed either.
If you want to mail us photos, we can put you a space on snow-giraffe for them.

5:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home