Monday, February 06, 2006

So another week starts and I am now realising this is a place I am going to be for more then just a couple of weeks. It is hard for me to remember this as I have done a bit of travelling for business over the years and you know you are heading home soon. So the first 2 weeks are going to be weird lke that.

Anyhow I went to the DMV today to try and get a license, but I can’t do that with out a fixed residence, so I ended up flat hunting. So far I have found one I hate, great location but it was not clean . . . and one I love, It's bit further out to the East side (better access for Mt Hood I think”!) But really clean, big, facilities are ok, but un furnished. . . Let that read “Expensive to live in” But so far it is No1 on my list. I am going to view a couple more this afternoon, but they are going to struggle to live up to the stats of the the one I like. . .10 min walk from the Max line in to down town, has access to a river side walk to the local shopping centre and marina, 40 min drive to work, no different to being in the UK . . .hmmm . .If only I could remove these rose tinted specs.

One of the other place I saw was 1170Sq ft (that is big, by any standards!) right next to a tram line, other side of the river to the down town, kinda the equivilent of London bridge, it had the most amazing view, the ceiling must have been 15ft tall with 11ft windows with a corner aspect looking over the downtown region. It even had covered, allocated parking .They wanted $1350, to save your brains thats about £785 for a monsterous 2 bed apartment. . . If Smurf was over here with me I would go for it, only because the walk in "closet" in the master suite woul (just) be big enough for her bench tops. . .


Anyhow, I may go back and barter with them, if only for the sport ;)

There are a couple more places I need to check out tomorrow, I would post links so you could all see them, but I am too tired!

I keep meaning to make a post about the size of US cars, you all hear about it, but untill you see them it is hard to comprehend. I mean, just check out the Ford F150, 230in long over 19ft . . .you think that is big look at this other one 262in, 23ft .. . Now let me give you some context, a new ford focus 14ft long . . . imaging parking at tesco . . . think how wide they are . . . And they are not the biggest trucks out here . . .

So thats my lot for the day, I am now going to concentrate on selecting an apartment . . . . drink more wine and then try and talk to my bank!

A quick thanks to all of you who have posted comments! They have all made me smile, even you boardsheep! When you come over we can talk shop on the way to hood :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home