Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I can't post much, I left the power cord for the laptop at work and as I have been on the vino I can't go get it.

I opened a bank account today, I went with wamu it was recomended to me and I can say so far the customer service has been top drawer, if you are on the look out for a free USD checking account, look them up!

After lunch The peeps at work sat down with me and pointed me in the direction of a few more apartment blocks, I looked at all of them and although they were in real nice forrest settings and were really cheap, the actual appartments were just really badly lit . . . Portland is a rainy/overcast place, I need natural light . . 5 places visited to no avail. The guys are comming to check out Harbour court with me tomorrow to give me their opinion! I am all for it even though it is expensive . . .

I thought I would take a mo to reassure my mother I am eating well, tonight is the second night in a row I have cooked steak, went for a 14oz and basically sweated some finely chopped chalots, threw in the peppered steak and a glass of wolfblass red (cab sav don't you know . . ) while the baby carrots and green beans were boiling, once done I served up the veg, then the steak, through some single cream into the chalot/red wine sauce and lightly heated. Once that was poored over the steak I gently heated some large prawns in the remains of the steak/chalot/redwine pan stuff then chowed down, I have tried to post a pic, hope it worked!


I found a store today called "G.I Joe" It is a huge outdoor place, they do sooo much! I have to go back when I have more time, also been told to check out REI, ment to be "at least five times better!"

It looks like I am of to NY on Sunday for 4/5 days for health check, HR brief etc . . .. Don't expect many posts next week . . . Hopefully I will be able to catch up with the big H, otherwise it will be all work and no play . . .

Oh looks like the piccy worked, so here is a (bad) pic of Mt Hood, will get more at the weekend. This pic is from skibowl looking up to Meadws and Timberline.



I looked at cars today, but nothing to report excpet that I realised today how much I miss my skoda, that Fab VRS was the best car I ever had and I really regret selling it. Strong words for a guy who can count his regrets on one hand!

I think I am going to try and get a compact SUV, once the finance guy comes back off holiday I will have to talk to him to find out how it all works . . .

And on that note I am off to try and wash some pants. By that I mean by undies, not trousers ;)

Oh, one last thing, today was the day that I realised how much I miss Smurf, am I getting old? (Oi, I herd that, you are not exactly spritely these days!) Never really missed anyone properly before, but I am missing my Smurf! I hope you are all looking after her for me!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That look fantastic, not your dinner fool, the mountain.

Ahhhhh snow.

8:28 am  
Blogger gsmblue said...

I promise I will get a better picture to post. Obviously that is if the weather hold sup at the weekend!

9:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home