Thursday, February 09, 2006

Today has been a really good day, I put my applciation in for the apartment, not sure how things will transpire but I will keep you up to date! I found a few shops today that I will nee dint eh future, REI is like GI Joe, but slightly more activity and less utility, if that makes sense. I picked up a helmet (left mine in the UK, what an arse . . . need to get that on ebay now) The RED Hifi cost $100, thats £58. I went for white this time. I will still be able to use my headphones too.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Oregon does not have any sales tax . . . In english that means when you buy stuff you do not pay the US equivilent of VAT. . . . My Burton gloves were $34 . . .thats right I got change out of £20 for a pair of Burton toasted gloves. I went for the black guantlet style, that way my wrist guards will fit under them!

I took a drive areound Jentzen beach. Do not be fooled by the name it is a shopping centre next to the apartments I have been tryign to get into. It has a lot of stuf flike a target, REI starbucks . . . Anyhow, you can get pretty much anything there it is more like a large commercial estate.

While on my travels, tryign to work out how to get to the max line etc . . . I managed to stop and get a picture of Mt Hood, I like ths one as it shows the airport too. After a quick crop it looks ok. It will never blowup to the A3 I have the Courchevel piccies at but I may be able to get an A4 ou of it and hang it in the spare room. I think my camera is starting to show its age a little now. Although it is a 5MP camera it is only ISO200. That leads to a lot of noise in the image unless it is really bright and clear. I think I will have to add that to the list of things to get when I get my self sorted. Maybe later in the year, towards next season. I have seen a nice Pentax 6MP waterproof to 3ft, but it is heavily compromised in terms of its package and ability.

Looks like work wil start for real tomorrow, there is brief before heading off on travels next week. I am really looking forward to getting stuck into it again, there is a fair amount of responsibility and opportunity around the corner.

I find a place to get a service wash today, it was really funny looking at all of my casual clothers in one carrier bag and being charged $10 for a service wash . . . for everything I own . . .I really need to invest in new togs. Which reminds me, I can't belive I left my red body warmer at home :(

I also realised today i am becoming desensitised to the size of American cars. . . they are starting to look normal to me now . . . it really is shocking how quickly you can adapt to such things . . .

Sorry for the long and boring post, it is totally inline with how I feel, just a little strung out! I am just hoping to get these few outstanding items sown up in the next few days, then I can really crack on witht he real stuff and make some plans goign forward. . .

See you all later!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come we had to suffer the humiliation of a mate with a red bodywarmer, but the yanks don't?

Life's just not fair.

11:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, that's cool. Think 'Back To The Future'... :-)

12:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thing is it makes del look like something he isn't....GAY. I'm sure smurf will back this up.

While it's here I may ask your mother for a bonfire.

2:31 am  
Blogger gsmblue said...

The day will never come that I will take style advice from you Dave!

Only Marty has the vision!

Next stop is a DeLorean!

9:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home