Wednesday, February 15, 2006

15th February

A long day today, had a medical fo work .. . eventually. I was seriously pissed off today espcially when the Doc said "Your blood pressure is high, are you nervous?" I simply said, no. I am stressed. I want to tell him why . . basically the whole medical fiasco was an example of people not communicating correct and not be prepared. I have said too much.

Had a great dinner tonight, some picky food at TGI and good convesation with peeps from work, some good strong characters, alsways makes it interesting!

Also watched the curling. The girls have a calendar! . .

ANyhow, I am real tired now and will go crash. No real updates now till the weekend, but you can alwaus email me (at my hotmail please!!)

Night night!

14th February:

I did not get a chance to post today, hence the combined post on the 15th. I served my duty (not being serious about the duty part!!!) as a good boyfriend and sent Smurf a flour . . . sorry, flower and more importantly a bottle of vino :) It is no compensation for not seeing her, but I hope it was a nice little surprise for her.


I am sure you and Alice can kill that in a pre-drinking wine-fest!


Any how, happy thingy to you all etc . .. yaddy-ya ;)

Spoke with Smurf, after being delivered next door, she has recieved rose and wine in safety! It was too risky trying to send it to her work, it was bound to end up in the wrong hands!!!


How was the birthday Niki? Did Eric remember???



13th February:

Having some I.T issues here today! Anyhow. I will try again! I was looking through some of my pictures last night and I found this one. This is from a trip to Cornwall in October, Dave and I were celebrating our birthdays. Em had organised a weekend of activity that was great fun. In fact it was so fun Smurd was sick on the sea safari and Em was going to strangle the very next Heron that was trying to get at worms on the sany beach!!

I digress!

I think this picture of Dave really captured the weekend, lots of activity, insane laughing and a really great time! Dave has been into kites since Em bought him one last Christmas (I would tell you the full story but my mum reads this blog . . .) The wind was really blowing a gale, the kite we were using on this activity day was pretty big and well, both dave and I got dumped on our arses!

It was a total riot! If you ever get the chance to go power-kiting/kite-boarding/one of those kite buggy things . . . then do it, it was fantastic.

Then there was the morning when we went surfing, Paul (Ems bro) drove us over to this really beautiful beach, we got change on the road as Dave mooned some farmer in a JCB! I am still not convinced Dave enjoyed the bodyboarding, but I loved the surfing! Thanks again to Em, Paul and their folks for putting up with us all! Infact we went back for New Year. I have a quality picture of Eric to post on that one! lol !!

* * * * * * * *

Later on the 13th . . . .

I have tried posting that bit several times today. The interspaz connection at work was knackered. Today has been a totally wasted day and I am not happy. Interspaz at wok meant not only no google/hotmail but no way to access the itranet and other worky things, it meant my colleague had a crap day too. On the plus side I had a crazy BLT for lunch, good thick bacon, about 1/2lb worth J And a $6 OJ. The receipt was really fun, it read as “freshly squeezed OJ”, sure that gag is a couple of years out, but there is still a few miles in it!

After I left the office I went to the bank and paid more pennies to Wamu, Citi bank tried to call again, but stuff them for being inflexible . . . Still not happy with First Direct, although I am getting over it ;)

I went to a couple of Snowbaord stores, there was the US outdoor place, that seems the biggest independent in Portland. They stocked all the stuff I like, Ride boards (Theory $449, ouch!), Burton bindings (Cartels were in there for $209) They are having a 20% off sale. If it was 50% I may have gone for another set of Cartels, really good binding, highly reckomended, although laterally a bit sloppy, I guess that is the freestyle advantage of them?

They had a host of Quicksilver shirts, long sleeve, but at top dollar of $48 . . . :O They had a rugged Volcom suit that was about $200, would really suit Pandy, twas a light brown pin stripe. It was a thick material and a rough cut suit, not a clean lined one like the CK I got in the end. Volcom shirts were pretty coo, like the QS ones they were fitted.

Defo a shop to check out in a couple of paychecks time ;)

They said they can send the baseplate back for me, but I am still stuck with the “I need to ride this weekend!” syndrome . . .Is this what credit cards were invented for? Answers on the comments please, the winning comment will get a special prize of a Grande, no-fat, Vanilla Latte. In case you are wondering, that is the coffee of choice for me, should I walk into a Starbucks ;)

I took a good drive around Portland this afternoon, the downtown is really swish. I think Smurf and I could spend a long time looking around there. The Rose Quarter has lots of music gigs in its 20,000 capacity indoor thingy, I am right niext (walking distance by the lok of it!) of both the Portland International Raceway (street circuit!) and the local gee-gee stadium! Just over the way from there is the baseball practice nets and fields and other bit of green!

Unfortunately, due to me watching too many episodes of Black books and Coupling in the airport on this laptop, I am now out of battery. I will be posting on V-day J

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We NEED that picture of Eric - I don't have a copy of those pics. I'm sure we had them once, but buggered if I can find them now.

11:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vanilla latte rocks. That was the coffee that got me through CES in Vegas this January. Without that, I'd be dead! :-)

1:12 am  
Blogger gsmblue said...

Vanilla Latte :) The sole reason I can cope with mornings!!!

As for the piccy of Eric . . . what this space :)

6:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home