Saturday, February 18, 2006

It can be odd how things work out. In this case I am happy with the results. You all know that I can't exchange my bindings with out a proof of purchase and as a result I bought another set. I have 2 boards why not 2 sets of bindings!

I went to the shop and I found out my boots (US10) are between binding sizes . . . I can squeeze into a medium (the black pair, the originals, are mediums) but it is right at the limit, so all the straps are maxed out and it is not 100% satisfying. I tried the large ones in the shop and they were not necessarily better, but different. I prefer the fit of the larger binding and it was a coincidence that the only colour they had left in that size was the cham-pag-ne. To the rest of the guys out their the closet we may understand is “beige”.

The black ones are still ridable and I will take both setups over to Mt Hood tomorrow. When I send them back in for warranty I will ebay the black ones and invest in a new board and bindings. The big sales start in March (well in the UK) and I want to retire the Parka and replace it with a Ride Theory with white Cartels (don’t worry mum, it is all boarding talk!)

The wind has died down over at hood and I expect to spend a full day in -10deg C conditions up at Meadows. I expect to post an entry when I get back from the hill, till then, enjoy your Sunday roasts!

* * * * * * * *

IMPORTANT MESSAGE!!!!!

Can someone please call Tons-o-Fun for me and get him to email the full details of that DVD request to my hotmail (that means you Dave, and you Dave and also you Andy, maybe Smurf too). I can send the stuff no prob, but I do not have access to work email still and prob will not till next Friday . . . . My UK mobile is 100% out of commission and all communications should be via my hotmail!!!!

TRANSMISSION OVER

* * * * * * * *

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tons - o calling dell, come in dell.

god this communication stuff is hard.

I would email hotmail, but i dont have your address.

So here we go im breaking rule number 1 - posting my email address on the net.

you should work out which bits to remove.

The film is called first descent. It should be out now:

a nice amazon link

Nice to see you've having fun over there mate. Ill be in Breckenridge by saturday. Im staying here... ummm Sauna.

Drop me a line, my mobile will still work when im over there. assuming you still have my number.

3:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colour coordinating bindings and boards x 2??!! You are the steeeez!

4:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home