Monday, November 06, 2006

A month is a long time in the world of blogging. Many things can happen. Colin McRae can get a WRC drive, Alonso can stretch his lead in the F1 and I can score another goal for the mighty Kiwis! To cap it all Spurs beat Chelsea in the Premiership, for the first time in 16 years.

Yep that’s right, playing footie last night (9:50pm kick off, that is just not fair) with 3 mins to go in the 2nd half I get the ball on the ½ way line dribble up to the edge of the penalty area having taken on a defender then get a low drive in between the diving keeper and the right hand post! That took us to 10-9 down. Keeping to form last week I went out on a high and subbed myself off, John came on and with 6s to go he score the equaliser, amazing game!!!! After 2 heavy defeats we got a hard earned draw against a team that normally plays a division higher then us!

I am getting a little ahead of myself here. I have yet to mention how the birthday weekend went. Well work on Friday got in the way of an otherwise fine day! Lunch at Hooters (not my choice but not complaining), Ana bought me a Hooters calendar, Brett made the girls sign it, so I hung it up in the office general area. Much better view then that sodding gooner scum calendar Ana has!

After work I went home to clean up, then made my way to Christa’s, dumped the car there, had a quick glass of sparkly then made it to the Bitter End for a couple of PBRs (Pabst Blue Ribbon beer). We were there for about 45 mins, a load of the guys were there. I had not seen Steve since the last Timbers game I made in August, Catherine and Carlyn (Sp?) were there to, although they had to leave to tend to their dogs/Children (what’s the difference???).

On we go the Harvey’s comedy club, premium seats up front; Victor makes it just in time (no surprise there!) And we had a lot of beer, Nachos and some top laughter! Ana got dragged on stage to help with the magic act ( I those pictures on file for my annual review!) I think the funniest thing that happened was when Victor had to wait 7 mins too long for his next Jack and coke to arrive, he hauls up the waitress and says “Just bring me 1 of these every 20 minutes, even if my glass is full, I will catch up with you. Every 20 minutes. . You got that?” Then Kiwi Dave butts in “Yeah, yeah, and bring me a beer to yeah?” Best thing is, she did do it!!!! next time I go to a busy bar and it is table service, I am going to adopt the same attitude! GENIUS!!! Brett proved once again he is safe and secure with his metro sexuality but wearing a funky pink shirt! I really liked it, may go get one myself for next weekend.

I digress. . . After the comedy of Ana being on stage, and a very funny female comedian there was a slightly crap guy that I was too drunk to notice. It was then onwards to the local meat market, to make sure I felt 30 we went to the Dixie tavern. Now the average age in there, including the offset of our group of waning thirty-somethings, could have been no more then 22. It was hysterical watching some of the guys “try their luck”. . .

Things get real sketchy around here, we ended up in the Gypsy (another bar) then the Alibi (a karaoke place) and then we called it night, went back to Christa’s (live over the way from the Alibi) and called taxis to get home. Now as we were 1 short on the taxi front and I was snoring on the sofa . . .You can see where this is going . . . I woke up with my jacket on and a cat sleeping on me as I was sleeping on the sofa. Christa later let me know that she managed to take my shoes off but I was so grumpy she did not bother trying to wrestle the jacket off me!


As a thank you I took Christa out for breakfast, not the same as a full English but good none the less. The guy serving us looked worse then I did, I was going to ask him if he slept in his clothes too, but it did not seem appropriate . . .

Eventually I got home and got under the shower and on the to sofa. I spoke briefly to Smurf, then passed out! The guys made it over to mine about 5 pm and we set up a big table on my deck for the poker to begin!

I will be short on the details only because I remember very few . . . We played poker, Brett and I drank lots of fine scotch (various Taliskers and Obans). I won the first hand of Poker I was dead chuffed! But then I lost all my winnings in the subsequent games. But overall I broke even, which I guess is a great situation!!! I will let the pictures in the previsous post do the talking here.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home