Wednesday, August 09, 2006

You have to love the x-games! So many highlights it is sickening. I mean, DOUBLE backflip on a moto-cross bike . . . Back flip over a 100ft jump on a skate board . . . It was amazing viewing.

One thing really stood out for me. Colin McRae. The man, the legend. He is just the most spectacular rally driver I have ever seen. I am pleased he did not win the x-games rally gold, silver was much better. Silver was better because we got to see Colin do what he does best, go all out no matter what. That is a fine libe to be on. When it comes together he is unstoppable, but sometimes is can go wrong . . . I doubt a rally event would ever be complete with out a Colin crash!

Here is the vid

X-games interview with Colin

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Colin McRae. He's by far my favourite rally driver, such a showman and the most incredible driver to watch.

Love the way the car rolls in that vid and the second, the absolute second it's back on four wheels again, he nails it!

3:00 pm  
Blogger gsmblue said...

That's exactly why it is so amazing, the car is still bouncing and he is off! Colin said in an interview that as the car was rolling he had already stuck it in first. He was just waiting for the right moment to drop the clutch!

Vintage McRae!

8:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched the whole club on YouTube - he would have easily had gold had he not rolled. That was about as smooth and tidy as I've ever seem McRae drive on tarmac, beautifully in control. The man is indeed a legend. The WRC is poorer without him.

9:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Club? I meant clip!

9:25 am  
Blogger gsmblue said...

I love the use of "smooth and tidy" He was clipping water barrels and concrete! But yes, if he did not flip the scooby he would have owned Pastrana! Credit to Pastrana though, scalping Colin is not mean feat!

11:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, maybe I should have said 'smooth and tidy for McRae'. Not quite like his WRC driving where every last inch of the road was fair game - damn, I loved watching him on a charge.

Pastrana has done pretty well out of the X-Games! Double-flip (sick as shit) and then beating McRae. Not bad for a 'crosser.

3:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home