Thursday, July 27, 2006

There are important questions we all ask ourselves from time to time. Important questions like which episode of Top Gear would you choose to show a jolly foreigner?

Now I have to say the supercars in Paris would be my first pick. Marty went straight for the Bugatti (although I am sure he would prefer it if they squeezed an extra couple of turbos on the engine). But how about the Toyota HiLux? Or the Caravan conkers or cheap supercars . . . So many to choose from. . . What would you go for? I mean, this weeks episode must be up there, what with the amazing Parkour and shit Peugot! How about he Koeeeinnsiiiggg, the car that tried to kill the Stig and instead killed the lap record . . .

Top Gear is without a doubt the most consistently great program currently on TV. It never fails to bring a smile to my face.

On another note I am definitely getting fitter. I have been alternating between golf and swimming each night with a few bike rides thrown in for good measure. Last night was the first time I really felt fitter. I was swimming in the apartment block pool and normally I am knackered after a few lengths, stop for a minute and go again, but last night was a good 15mins continuous swimming. May not sound much to most of you but it is a big step for me!

I am really hoping when I get back from my next business trip that I can get some people together to play some football. I really think the key to getting fit is a variety of activities that work different muscle groups. It also keeps it interesting.

I am definitely going to Timberline on the 12th august. This week I have really felt a bit odd, I think it is because I have not boarded for a while. The more I think about it the more I want to go. It has got so bad now that when I get home from work tonight I will strap my board on and jump around the lounge a bit! lol!!!

Actually tonight is the now infamous “Last Thursday”. This is labelled as a counter-culture event. I say counter culture, but that is media bollocks for street party. It (apparently) started some time ago as an alternative to the “First Thursday” Portland Yuppie scene. That is something that local press coverage and is basically pseudo high society cock knocking . So the last Thursday event is a big old street part, carnival styleeee, in a relatively rough/poor area of Portland. The area known as NE Alberta is a rich diversity of African American, true Origonians (flip-flop wearing Vegan hippies), a load of jolly foreigners, a bunch of extrovert homosexuals and most importantly a contingent of egocentric arty feckers.

I am going along tonight, should be good for people watching! It all happens about 5.5 miles from my apartment, given that is will be only about 85degress today I will cycle there and back. With a backpack of Heineken!

Oh, and to cap it all off, Friday night is the Oregon beerfest . . .I have a 8:15 flight on Saturday morning . . . this will be interesting . . .

One final thing, there is a film coming out called beerfest . . . It looks awesome . . . go forth and google!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit, the 'Supercars in France' episode was genius, and that section particularly so. Good call - it was early when you texted me :-) and I forgot about that one. I went for the Bugatti race one because it epitomised a lot of what makes Top Gear such a great show - the personalities of the three presenters and how they bounce off one another, the gorgeous visual style of the features, the innovative presentation of 'car reviews' and the humour of it all.

10:11 am  
Blogger gsmblue said...

True, I am continuely amazed at how gorgeous the cinematography is on TopGear and how well they all gel.

Oh. and the tubos Marty, and the turbos :)

3:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All im saying about Top Gear - last night's was brilliant.

Was there anyone that couldn't see the impending doom of the Rascal. And it didnt fall short - im laughing now just thinking about it. Nice one Hammond!!

Oh and a few weeks ago having a beer with Richelle on Picadilly after work someone actually drove a Veron down the road. It takes a lot to make the people on Picadilly stop and stare - but needless to say it did, i did and it was great. Even if it was black and orange!!

5:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home