Monday, June 05, 2006

Well I have now recovered from the weekend! Firday night was all set to be a nice quite night, me, my laptop and a couple of buds! In the end I was on the phone to Smurf for 30 mins then my family for 2.5hours! I got through a few beers and a bottle of wine, that meant Saturday morning was . . well . . .late!

Some of you know that I now got some of my expenses and a small bonus so I invested in a TV and stuff. Nice JVC/Harmon Kardon/Infinity set up. Very happy about it all! It did give me a dilema with the wires though. I figured I would get some plastic things with nails from home depot so off I trekked. When I got there I found a staple gun with cable staples! It took me less them5 mins to get the cables into a scutter friendly state!



Needless to say it all looks and sounds fab, very happy about it! it means I can watch the world cup in HDTV, and the games I don't watch live I can record in HDTV to watch later, like when Smurf is safe and sound back in the UK! ;)

You may note I am watching the 2001 world cup qualifier Germany V England.

Great game that one ;)

SO that was my saturday morning, but sat afternoon was spent in the pub drinking PBR (lager) and going to watch the Portland TImbers Hammer Seattle 3-1. I was with a group of a dozen or so mad beer drinking Kiwi's, Canadians, Brits and a couple of Yanks! The post game was a good nights drinking leaving me on the last train home via a 24hour petrol station for a warmed up steak and cheese slice! Oh and a 10 minute stagger in the ran with no coat on, I am soooo smart . . .

Sunday was as sketchy a start as Saturday, with one difference, no home depot on the cards, just a football game! So I grabbed my trainers, a gatorade and a Maccy D brekkie and headed off for a noon KO. It was fab! About 1 peeps running in the pissing rain! I did not have studs so I was all over hte place. I was ject getting my footing in midfield when I took 2 tumbles in as many minutes, each time landing onmy left wrist. I was getting carried away and it was really wet. I was having a hard time staying upright and the second fall was classic. I lost possesion, turned, put the tackle in and went down. As I got up to chase the ball down I pushed up from my lft hand and I heard the wrist crunch an pop like a pop corn maker. I was really worried so I limped off. Sure enough I had definately pulled/stretched the muscles and stuff so I creid off home.

I forgot how fun and refreshing playing with a hangover in the rain could be! So I had a nice warm shower and laid down on the sofa to snooze through the comedy channel!

I eventually woke up to watch Top Gear. You know what bit I disagree about! But if it stops others being in my favourite car (see what I did there . . ) then it is ok!

I spent tonight at BBQ with the guys from the weekend. One of their good friends is over from Dubai for a few days so they are plaing intensive drink the beer!

I am off to another BBQ tomorrow, I get to bring the cake :)

Anyhow, I am bushed! This is a long week as I am prepping for trip to New York next week and I have to find time for a Timbers game on sat night. (that means beer!)

ISo I bid you all good night!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was shouting at the TV when they did the Cool Wall. I got your back, mate. :-)

1:34 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

4 days to go ... im getting scared now.

photos of rooney volleying a football - could he be back in time for the knock-out stages?

Dell, ive now booked my flights to Aus and back - i have LOTS of frequent flyer miles now. I feel a trip coming on :-) Ill bring some boots, and teach you all how to enforce the midfield

Glad to hear you can play "dtb" over there. I feel a huge game on the way - 5 weeks long hopefully

2:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home