Wednesday, July 19, 2006

What a week! I got back from NY on Friday night and had a chance to relax at last! Saturday was a great day. I nice lie in, then I got out to play some football for a couple of hours. I think I am slowly shedding those extra pounds I piled on when Smurf was here, too much eating and drinking!

After playing football for a couple of hours I got cleaned up and went for a bout of Poker at the Bitter End Pub. Problem was once I was there I was more interested in drinking beer then playing poker! So I ditched the car and got on it! Overall I lost at poker, at $5 for a set of chips I lost $15 . . . Not good! By this point we had decided to go over to Ben’s to play more (a band was starting and the smack talk had just started!) So a few Millers later and I had clawed a hand back! $15 back in my pocket! I was now only $5 down. Coolio! As yo may guess by the end of the night I was actually $10 down and very drunk! So the magic car came and picked us up and took us to our respective beds to sleep off the booze . . . .

Sunday was interesting . . . I woke up at 9am, thought, nope. I am not ready for the world yet . . So I dived back under my duvet for another hour. Then I realised. My car. It was at the pub. In a “2 hour only” parking spot.

Bugger.

So I jump up, grab a bottle of water from the fridge, get the bike and start on the bike ride to the pub. Now keep in mind if you go the direct route it is 7 miles direct route but I was hung over, so it was not quick and easy . . . On the way I saw parts of Portland that I had not seen before, really nice rivers and paths, a couple of parks and stuff. I even stopped at PIR and in the car park there were some people getting ivolved in an organise drifting day. Was really cool, wish I had my camera as there was Initial D style corolla (Truero) out there. Don’t worry if that does not make sense to you, it is a car/animie thing! Any how, It took me about an hour and a half to get to the car (Including stopping to watch the drifting and make a call to Smurf). It works out that it is quicker to cycle to the Bitter End then to get the Max. The Max take about 1 hour door to door and cycling is about 45 mins.

Cool.

Anyhow, when I got to my car I felt much better! So I drove home and kipped on the sofa! I popped back to Bens later in the day to help strip his 1993 RX7 engine (B13, for those that understand). We ate pizza (NEVER have a Taco pizza), watched some drifting, played Burnout3, degreased some engine bits and generally chilled. We were supposed to go play football again but the guy organising it was having a major crisis, his wife dinked the new M3 . . . and lied about it . . . so we never found out where the game was happening . . . Booooo-hiissssss!!

So that was the weekend that was!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so did you go up to Timberline then? Havent been to MK for ages... dont suppose there is much chance to board in FL

dave m

1:27 pm  
Blogger gsmblue said...

No, not been up to Timberline yet. Really not had the chance. I am not even sure I will get the chance this summer :( I will be making a trip to MK in September though!

If I do make it to TImberline it will be all over this Blog!!!!!

10:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home