Monday, August 21, 2006

Well, I had a good weekend! played Poker on Friday, won some money :) got drunk on good beer and better Scotch, cycled home. On the way I stopped to watch some drag racing too!

Saturday sucked . . . Spurs lost 2-0, I had to change the front deraileur on the bike $33, could only find a flipping Shimano XT one, talk about over kill . . .

Lost ALL my music on my computer, computer then crashed grrr. . . had not beer . .

Sunday was good, got a lot of the music back, watched some Ricky Gervais and got lots of homey things sorted (bills and cleaning). I went for a bike ride too, bought some new earphones (drunken tantrum saw the last ones die) and I ended up on a nice beach, reading a book for an hour or two. I then cycled home to drink some beer and watch some Shakespeare.

What a lovely day!

Today sucks, it is a Monday so no surprise! I am playing "real" Poker tonight. I decided I have to go play one real game in my life and tonight is an oppotunity. I will let you know what happens . . .

Oh, and Tons-O your comment was usefull. Reaaally Useful!!! I am going for a Meadows pass, it is the best resort. The others are not as good no matter how convenient they are. . . . Besides, Skibowl is cheap I can always go there off the cuff!

Time for lunch!

3 Comments:

Blogger gsmblue said...

lol! Yeah I know in the grand scheme it is but you got to understand the bike cost $160, I was so pissed with the grip shifts I shelled out $54 for some SRAM X7 attack thumb shifters, then $33 for the front mech . . .

Now I want to change the rear wheel and cassette for a 9 speed and the front chain rings for better shifting . . . It is at the point where I should not spend any more on the bike, but then it is fun stripping and rebuilding stuff .. . . I may upgrade all the stuff just because I enjoy it, not because it needs to be done . .

Crazy I know . . .

4:30 pm  
Blogger tons o fun said...

look you ask for comments, i make a comment and you complain. All because you know i'm right :-)

Anyhow, i struck me last night that there cant be too many people out there who provide commentary live from the match across the pond. You missed a belter son.

Oh - i think Meadows was the right choice by the way - it offers everything. Ummmmmm P O W D E R - drewl.......

Sorry, i need to go now.

1:31 am  
Blogger gsmblue said...

Hmmm where to start . .

Dave: Of course it is cheaper to buy a new bike. But that is not so much fun! I am not doing this to have a better bike, I am doing it because I want to play mechanic! The end out come is I will have an ok spec bike that would cost 50% less to have bought froma shop!

The crankset is being changed. Just not for a while . . going to Deore LX, $160. May go to a lower spec. . .

If you are going to mess with women form the black country .. . it is like playing with matches.

As for pictures of Eric, I would recomend face down behind the monitor. I hear you ask why . . . Well it is is just funnier that way ;)

12:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home