Sunday, November 19, 2006

OK, so this has tickled me pink!

As you know I was up the mountain snowboarding yesterday. Had a great time, conditions were great! I called Dave and told how good it was, I then sent a text to Tons-O saying the same . . .

I got no reply from Tons-O, which was a little odd. I was expecting a phone call calling me all sorts of names and saying how good it was to be in Australia.

Anyhow . . . When I got home there was a post on my blog fromTons-O, I have copied it below:

--------------------------------
did i get to australia before you got snow.

im sitting in the lounge in sydney waiting for my connection to brisbane now - sunday 9.50 local time- i have no idea what time that is anywhere else in the world!

--------------------------------

I was suprised there was no mention of my snow related text message.

Things got cleared up for me about 20mins ago. Dave called for a chat. . . . And it turns out he spoke to Tons-O yesterday.

Turns out Tons-O needed to find out how much it would cost to send a mobile phone from England, well specifically his flat, to Australia. . .

I laughed.

A LOT!!!! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger tons o fun said...

ok so you all now know that i left my phone at home - thanks dave - ill remember that!!

anyhow - im in brisbane right now - the weather is great and the place is buzzing with anticiptation.

Glad to hear you got some turns - on the tv here i can win a trip to Whistler - imagine that!!!

show us yer photos then Dell

12:59 pm  
Blogger gsmblue said...

So how is the first Test going to go down?

No photos from Saturday, but there will be from this week. 8 of use are going up on Thursday :)

I was going to call you ;)

2:14 pm  
Blogger tons o fun said...

well today i met up with the barmy army for the first time. There are tv cameras everywhere - they just follow the BA waiting to catch something interesting

There is a bar chain here in Brisbane called the Pig and Whistle - they have declared themselves the home bar of the BA - their staff wear t's with the slogan ""we are the england, the mighty england" - they arent very happy.

So im pretty drunk right now - and probably on every state news channel! I have to be back in the bar at 5.45 local time for the manu - celtic match.

Im off to play blackjack - if it goes badly i wont be in portland later this year!!

laters

12:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home