Sunday, January 06, 2008

So New Year, new challanges :) Kate has agreed to marry me, we are aiming for the 22nd March. More news to follow in about 10 days on that one!

The subject of this post is snow. Lots of snow :) Not as much as Tahoe 5 feet in 24 hours! but still a lot of great snow. We have had a storm here for pretty much 3 straight weeks. I have caught something like 6 straight powder days. How amazing is that!

Today I was a little pissed off I had no one to ride with, it happens from time to time, I had a great 1st hour but I realised I was just hitting the same old areas. I needed to find something new in time for the boys coming over. So I signed up for the Meadows Frontline guide at 11am. It cost $20, but in retrospect I would have paid $40 for those 2 hours of riding. I was in a group of 5 riders with 1 instructor (Jason). We hit a lot of steep and deep trees, untouched freshies all over, I was in 3-4 feet of snow! If it was not so steep I would have had problems. We hit 4 1/2 bowl, dropping in through some trees, Andy is going to love that. Found some sweet natural hits, on one I got too much air and had a serious flappy hand moment!!!

I want to go back up now and do it all again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home